Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Shakespeare Through an Unschooling Lens - Life Learning Magazine

Shakespeare Through an Unschooling Lens - Life Learning Magazine

This is a short but charming article about raising boys. I know all too well that raising a son is so different from raising a daughter. I am thankful and happy I had the opportunity to raise both because my children taught me more than I could ever learn sitting in a classroom. The capacity and willingness of children to learn beyond their age level and environment is so underestimated. Shakespeare? Why not!

"One of our directors, Marilyn Firth, said something to me at last year’s production that I’ve pondered a lot this year: “In a school, only the ‘best’ would have been given the lead parts – here, we need everyone in the play, and look what we can draw out of kids who’d never star in a school production! Look how great they are!” Daniel is living proof of this, living proof of the whole person inside us all, waiting to be drawn out."


No comments: