Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mother furious after in-school clinic sets up teen's abortion | KOMO News - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional

Mother furious after in-school clinic sets up teen's abortion | KOMO News - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional

"When she signed a consent form, Jill figured it meant her 15 year old could go to the Ballard Teen Health Center located inside the high school for an earache, a sports physical, even birth control, but not for help terminating a pregnancy."

This mom is clueless! Sneaky actions like this have been going on in public schools since the Clinton's were in the White House so what is her excuse for not knowing?

"We had no idea this was being facilitated on campus," said Jill. "They just told her that if she concealed it from her family, that it would be free of charge and no financial responsibility."

Who gets to pay for the years of therapy this young girl is going to need now?

"The Seattle School District says it doesn't run the health clinics at high schools. Swedish Medical Center runs the clinic at Ballard High and protects the students' privacy."

Why is Sweden running these clinics in American schools?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I linked this post on my blog. I think you picked up one of my readers.

Ute said...

I'd be furious too. But then I would hope that my daughter would come to me first if she had a problem like this one. Sad, really sad.