Saturday, January 12, 2008

Wham, blam, the flu bug has finally hit

Oh, my gosh, I thought I would die. That was the feeling I had when I quickly developed chills and an all over body ache that sent me to the sofa for 48 hours this week. Fortunately, the feeling only lasted 2 days but I was totally non-functional the entire time. I could barely get up to eat, drink or change the DVD.

Since we homeschool we don't get exposed to many seasonal ailments. The few times my children ever contracted some vile infectious disease came from attending the so-called Well Baby clinic, where they played with those nasty toys made available by health officials, or when they were exposed to cousins who attended public school. However, nearly every winter, my sweet hubby brings us home a cold or flu bug from the college campus where he works. He was sick all last week so I knew something was about to come my way. It sure enough did but my system seems to handle it better than his. He was sick for 2 weeks. I was sick for 2 days. Even our son complained of not feeling well but he bounced back in a few days.

We usually make it through each winter with only 1 bout of cold or flu so I'm hoping this is it until next year. We can all hope, can't we?

No comments: